Tuesday 24 May 2011

Plan of Action for this week

Odd start to the week, hence a day late with my POA.  Yesterday evening we were evacuated from our house (as was everyone within a 200m radius) as a nearby garage was on fire and there were gas cylinders on the property.  Normally this would have been a pain, but as we had to get up at 4.30am to get my 11 year old to a coach for a school trip to London, it became a positive pain.  Luckily, we were able to decamp to mother-in-laws for the night (the alternative was the sports centre) and once the dog had calmed down went to sleep around midnight.  I am now slightly sideways!

Anyway, enough of my woes.  This week I am hoping to post about W F Currah and T R Kernick.

On Thursday I have been invited along to a meeting about Trenance Cottages in Newquay.  The Cottages are in the Trenance Leisure Gardens and were inhabited until the 1960s, after which they were used as a museum.  Over the last few years they have fallen into disrepair and a committee was formed to apply for a Lottery grant to redevelop them.  The grant has come through and now work is beginning on how to interpret the grant conditions and implement them.  I am looking forward to seeing how we can preserve this very attractive part of Newquay's heritage.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment